RE: PowerTools DISASTER....and pain.

> > DO NOT USE Powertools - here is my sad tale :

s/Powertools/gnome-system-tools/ I think.

> > Woa - after three days of compilation (including dependency
> tracking
> > and
> > general mayhem) I finally got 0.27.1 compiled and running on an old
> > PII-233(256mb RAM) - Redhat 8.0...
>
> You need to report this to the gnome-system-tools
> maintainers, so no one else suffers the same fate.

Also, the latest version is 0.29. An earlier version of gnome-system-tools
also destroyed my Red Hat network settings (I had backed them up manually,
so I could get the files back again, and gnome-system-tools apparently does
that.) I reported it. Apparently it was fixed.

Murray Cumming
www.murrayc.com
murrayc usa net