Re: garnome startup problem

It is really, really not recommendable to install garnome in /root.

That being, GDM is giving you an error saying it is looking in
/root/bin? If that's the case, does garnome-session have executable
permissions? If it does, try "exec /root/bin/garnome-session."

I believe garnome's documentations says to change ~/.xinitrc, not global
.xinitrc. If you create an executable ~/.xinitrc and say "exec
garnome-session" it should work fine when root logs into the "default"
gdm session.

--Matt