garnome startup problem

I installed garnome under /root/garnome and did 'make install' in the parent directory to install all the metas. I followed the website's instructions on creating a script to start garnome. It's the same as the one in the webpage and I placed it in /root/garnome/bin. I use RH9.0 Shrike with a GDM so when my box starts up I get a menu selection for either gnome, kde, etc. So I placed this line into xinitrc under /etc/X11: exec garnome-session. When I run garnome-session though it says that there doesn't exist or it can't find garnome-session under /root/garnome/bin. Does anyone know what's wrong? I also did export PATH=$PATH:/root/garnome/bin. My gui is messed up because I installed the newest version of XFree86 and didnt' back up my configs. and overwrote everything -_-. I might as well install the new gnome.

Help, THX,
Tomkit