Re: Problem with garnome

Hi,

The problem was with gcc.  I had gcc 2.95 installed.  I got it upgraded
to gcc 3.0 and this particular problem has been overcome.

Thanks Remi and Sunil.

Regards

Cherian

Sunil wrote:

As Jens pointed out, its the code/compiler issue. just
upgrade your compiler to gcc > 3.0 and you will be
fine. or just go to the offending file and line number
and make sure that all declarations are before any
statement of the block. search for the variables which
compiler says are not declared.

first option is easier and will upgrade you to latest
compiler technology, apart from fixing this problem
once and for all...:)

--- "Cherian K. Simon" <kripa vsnl com> wrote:
Hi,

glib and libxml2 are installed using apt-get.  The
error I now understand is in the
program  cr-sel-eng.c.  However I am not an expert
to further probe into the matter
or rectify the same.

Any pointers to URLs on this is also welcome.

TIA

Cherian

Rémi Cohen-Scali wrote:

Are you sure glib and libxml2 are correctly
installed ?
Cherian K. Simon wrote:

Hi all,

I am in the process of installing the latest
version of gnome
desktop using
garnome. I have come across some problems
viz. xrendering,
docbook and
mdsum of garnome-0.17.0.png, all which were
solved searching the
archives
of this list.

Now, I have come across a problem for which I do
not know what to search
for in the list.  Could somebody be of help.

TIA

Cherian