Re: Problem with garnome

On Sun, 2003-11-09 at 04:02, Cherian K. Simon wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am in  the process of installing the latest  version of  gnome
>  desktop using
> garnome.   I have come across some problems   viz. xrendering, docbook and
> mdsum of garnome-0.17.0.png, all which were solved searching the archives
> of this list.
>
> Now, I have come across a problem for which I do not know what to search
> for in the list.  Could somebody be of help.

It seems like you're using an older compiler which doesn't accept
variable declarations in other places than the beginning of a block
(like gcc 2.95).

Two solutions: either switch compiler or fix the code. Patches for this
issue have been posted numerous times on this list. See
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/garnome-list/2003-September/msg00581.html

Cheers,
Jens