Garnome on Cygwin? Problems with compilation

Hi,
Can anyone point me to a solution to a problem I have compiling Garnome on cygwin?
I get a problem with strsignal being declared differently, which I fix by removing/adding a const to the char* definition (this is described as a  "fix" somewhere else).

Later on however I get undefined symbols with the compilation of glib-2.2.3/gobject
The symbols are: (numerous!)
_g_log
_g_free
_g_strdup_printf
_g_malloc
_g_hash_table_lookup
and other.

I am using the latest cygwin, with everything installed, and version 0.27.1 of garnome
Any ideas on how I can fix this?
Thanks,
Gareth