Re: gnome-panel segfaults

On Fri, 2003-05-30 at 02:19, Josef Chladek wrote:

> thanks for that, panel 2.3.2.1 is in garnome as well, tried that and
> even the one from cvs, both compile with no problems, i removed my
> COMPLETE gnome2 settings again (.gconf*, .gnome*, ...) - BUT: again,
> segfault. i would file a bug, but my bug buddy segfaults as well - so
> i'm writing to the list. all my other apps and applets work with NO
> problems, and i use them a lot...
> i think of moving back to the 0.23.1 version...
> anyone else having problems with the 2.3 panel?

Josef,

A couple of useful hints.

You can file bugs for gnome at bugzilla.gnome.org.  If you want people
on the garnome list to be aware of them then include
garnome-list gnome org in the CC field.

When you get remove .gconf* settings you need to shutdown the gconf
daemons.  To do this run 'gconftool-1 --shutdown' and 'gconftool-2
--shutdown'.  Do this before 'rm -rf .gconf*' or you may end up with
some of your old configuration in the new .gconf files.

Rodd