Re: How to rebuild garnome?

> The only way I have found to rebuild garnome is to:
>
> rm -rf gnome/*/work
> rm -rf gnome/*/cookies
> rm -rf gnome/*/download
>
> Then go back to meta/gnome-desktop and do another make install.
>

> Does this make sense?  Is there another way that doesn't require
everything to
> be downloaded again?  An individual program can rebuilt I think by going
into
> the individual gnome/<program> directory and removing work, cookies, and
> download and doing a "make install" there.  When you make a change in a
basic
> library I am doing what I have listed above.  Is there a better way?
>
> Tom Corner

Well - just don't delete "download" directory... Delete only "cookies" and
"work"
but not only in "gnome" but in "misc" and "bootstrap" and
"meta/gnome-desktop" too.
And if you want just rebuild it to the same location and with the same
options (that means just
install previously compiled garnome) you can try something like
"rm -rf  */*/cookies/install" and then type "make install" in
"meta/gnome-desktop"
(i'm not sure it will work, but worth of testing). It should install your
already compiled
garnome again.

Greetings - T.K.