Re: Xrender - Xrenderint.h looking for X11/extensions/extutil.h

Manuel Clos <llanero eresmas net> writes:

> In Debian, this file is provided by xlib6-altdev which places the file in
>
> /usr/i486-linuxlibc1/include/X11/extensions/extutil.h
>
> then you need to symlink to the good place:
>
> ln -s /usr/i486-linuxlibc1/include/X11/extensions/extutil.h
> /usr/X11R6/include/X11/extensions/extutil.h
>
> Hope that helps.

Rather than messing with system directories, it should be enough to
copy extutil.h to ~/garnome/include/X11/extensions.  That's where
earlier versions of garnome put it.  The garnome build looks in
~/garnome/include for header files in addition to the standard system
include directories.

(This also explains why not everyone has seen this problem.  If you
upgrade a previous garnome release the extutil.h file was
installed under ~/garnome/include.  I move my old ~/garnome to
~/garnome-old before building a new release and it occasionally
exposes problems like this.)