Re: Problem building vte-0.11.6 in garnome-0.24.2

Mario Vukelic (mario vukelic dantian org) wrote:
> On Sat, 2003-05-10 at 15:40, Eric Moncrieff wrote:
> > :
> >
> > I also have an error, but it's different:
>
> Get that too, on woody

It is due to the old compiler.  VTE wants to be compiled with the 3.x
compiler, but you can hack around it.  Basically, take line 316 of that
file (I think it is 316 anyway) and move it down about 3 lines to after
all the declarations are done.  This is gcc not wanting to initialize a
variable before all the other variables have been declared.  It is
allowed in 3.x because it is just a pointer initialization.

--
Samuel Stringham