Re: usability issues with garnome-0.23.1

<quote who="Rodd Clarkson">

> There's a couple of things stopping me from using garnome full time and
> I'm hoping that they can be addressed.
>
> Firstly, (and this is probably the biggest problem), Metacity keeps
> crashing each time I launch from the panel (using both the default
> garnome-0.23.1 gnome-panel and gnome-panel-2.3.1).  This is itself isn't
> a problem, but each time it crashes, the windows migrate down the
> desktop.  Effectively, this leaves me having to constantly move all the
> windows up the window or they soon disappear.  I've report this on BGO
> and I'm happy to hunt down the cause (with some clues of where to look).

Great - when you report bugs, please add garnome-list to the Cc, that way we
can watch/help your progress. I haven't seen the lots-of-crashing metacity,
but the restart with shifted windows thing has been around (and frustrating)
for a long time.

> Also, mozilla crashes each time it tries to access the local file
> system

Haven't seen this, would be useful to the mozilla people to get this
resolved, I'm sure.

Thanks,

           "It's weird being without white noise." - Catie Flick