Re: Getting Gnome Accessibility in Garnome

Hi David:

Sorry Simon/David, slip of the fingers.  Simon Bates and David Bolter
are the maintainers.

I think there is a misunderstanding about releases and announcements
here; these releases are primarily for the development community and a
few early-adopters, and are eventually used by distros if they believe
that quality and utility warrant.

Releases _do_ need to be announced, but only to aliases read primarily
by the GNOME developer community.  There is no implication of
"readiness" nor suitability in such announcements.  On the other hand,
it's generally not considered appropriate to release or bundle projects
(via distros or "stable" community releases like 2.2.0 and 2.4.0) that
have not already gone through several such internal 'releases'.

David, can we get the go-ahead to make a GOK tarball for (GNOME's
definition of) such a release?  I think it's important to do this now if
we want GOK to be considered part of GNOME at any point in the near
future.

- Bill

--
Bill Haneman <bill haneman sun com>