Re: Evolution stuff

On Tue, 2003-03-18 at 18:28, Rodd Clarkson wrote:
> Jeff,
>
> Those tarballs have been added to f.g.o.  What are the odd's of getting
> and update to 0.22.0 sometime?
>
> Also, using the stuff Samuel Stingham supplied I get the following error
> trying to make install evolution:
>
> checking if gethostbyaddr_r wants seven arguments... no
> checking for db3 compiler flags... -I/opt/gnome/include
> checking db.h usability... yes
> checking db.h presence... yes
> checking for db.h... yes
> checking db3 header version... 3.1.17
> checking for db3 library name... configure: error: Could not find db3 library
> make: *** [configure-work/main.d/evolution-1.3.1/configure] Error 1
>
> suggestions?  I used the misc/db to compile db3 and it seemed to work
> fine.
>

> Rodd

the Makefile for evolution's garball, contains:

CONFIGURE_ARGS = $(DIRPATHS) --with-db3=/opt/gnome --enable-nss=no \
--enable-pilot-conduits --enable-ldap

--with-db3 would appear to need to be changed to wherever db3 was
installed .. I suspect =$(main_prefix) would work, but I haven't tried
(I pointed it to a db3 install I already had in /usr/local).

Despite the original poster's warnings, I've had next to no problem with
this build - many thanks Samuel.

HTH, Shaun