Re: broken Garnome installation...

Eric Moncrieff wrote:

My current #1  suspect is stale config...But the  trouble seems pretty
deep to be user-configurable...So I don't know.  I do know that I miss
subpixel font  rendering in Mozilla,  so any thoughts would  be deeply
appreciated.
Thanks,
Eric
** Eric Moncrieff eric mantis styx org

If pango-querymodules as suggested on this list doesn't work for your, you might try removing .fonts.cache-1 file in your home directory. This would delay the start of the GNOME next time (till it collects all the font informations), but should at least work.

Also check it from console with fc-list, but more probably, solution is:

pango-querymodules >~/garnome/etc/pango.modules

Regards,
Danilo