Problems installing Gnome (garnome 0.21.2)

Hi.

I'm trying to install garnome on top of Debian 3.0 (Woody) on a PowerPC (Mac G4 Tower) and it gets most way through the installation (or at least 2 1/2 hours) and finally quits with a whole slew of errors when it's trying to build vte as part of the gnome-terminal build.

In particular the ssfe.c file gives CC an aneurysm when it's trying to compile it (i grabbed the last few lines of output when the errors started occurring and saved them. It's a little to long to post in an e-mail and not be annoying, so you can see the exact errors at http://www.selfassembled.org/errors.txt)

I'm not quite sure what's causing all those compiler errors; do I need to have a special library installed (I have all the debian packages installed that the beginning of the README file mentioned).

I can give more details if needed; any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

Todd