Happy Garnome user

Hey guys, I mostly wanted to email the garnome developers and say
thanks.  I just built gnome 2.2 and several really nice extras with it
on a redhat 8.0 system, using garnome 21.2.  There were 4 or 5 little
mess-ups where I had to help things along a little - magicdev, mozilla,
redhat-artwork, in particular, but all that was easy - I doubt it took
more than 30 minutes of my time.

It's been years since I could just download gnome source code and
compile it and use it.  Way back in the early days it took an evening to
get it to build, and then I'd get a couple of weeks usage, and update
again to see how things are coming along.  In more recent times it just
seemed far too time consuming to build gnome from source.  So I'd wait
until redhat, mandrake or ximian packaged something up for me to use,
and rarely got a glimpse of new functionality, except through
screenshots.

Excellent work!  I really feel like I have control of my desktop again.