Re: Problems installing Gnome (garnome 0.21.2)

hi

I had a similar problem with yellowdog linux on a pismo (G3 Powerbook)

I do not know excactly how I fixed it but something like this :

first I installed ncurses-devel (ydl naming)

then tried again, this time garnome stopped with : ld -lssl not found

I then did apt-get install ssl* and picked anything that loocked like it
might solve the problem (but not everything that list was long) maybe the
package openssl did it,,

then make clean INSIDE the vte directory, not from the

~/garnome*/meta/gnome-desktop (tried that first but it did not help)

but in ~/garnome-0.21.2/gnome/vte/work/main.d/vte-0.10.17/

then everything worked fine

might have been enough to install the ncurses-devel and then do the make
clean since the ssl libraries already was on my system, but ...

good luck

hal