Was: How to run new Gnome after compiling? Now: Enabling debugging

> You do change the
> session type at the gdm login screen to Xsession right?
>
> If so, check the contents of /etc/X11/gdm/Sessions/Xsession.
> Or you could simply
>
> cp $HOME/garnome-session /etc/X11/gdm/Sessions/Garnome

That's the ticket, thanks Mario.

Unfortunately, my garnome build is incomplete.  Upon logging in, I get
little more than a blank desktop along w/ several errors about missing
CORBA servers.
Rebuilding yields the same errors as a few short days ago:  gstreamer
seg faults.  I narrowed the problem down to gstreamer's register portion
(post install); in particular: the gst-register program which is called
while building the gstreamer/gst-plugins/ portion.

Anyone know the easiest method of enabling debugging for the gstreamer
stuff (or perhaps I can just skip it?) so I can attempt tracking down
the source of the seg fault?

Regards,
Nick