Re: How to run new Gnome after compiling?

On Mon, 2003-03-03 at 00:08, Nick Gianakas wrote:
> I'm using GDM
> too.  When I log in, the old/original version of Gnome starts up; so I
> assume the contents of .xsession are being ignored.

File contents seem good. .xsession, $HOME/garnome-session and
/etc/X11/gdm/Sessions/Xsession are all executalbe? You do change the
session type at the gdm login screen to Xsession right?

If so, check the contents of /etc/X11/gdm/Sessions/Xsession.
Or you could simply

cp $HOME/garnome-session /etc/X11/gdm/Sessions/Garnome

choose Garnome as the session type and off you go