Re: Base to Build From

I tried GARNOME several months ago and put it down after a few days of
failure.

I tried the latest 0.25.0 yesterday and only found 3 hitches:
 - totem : removed it after deeming it impossible to compile (missing
           definitions that the CVS tree doesn't even have!)
 - gnome-speech : found the problem and distributed a fix to the list
 - gnomemeeting : removed it from the build list after learning it has
                  some known issues.
That's it, and I'm starting from a mutilated RH 7.2 system (lacks in
support of most stuff).

I did three things in preparation:
  1.  Installed gcc 3.3 (IMO, every developer should be using it)
  2.  Installed stylesheets (missing from RH 7.2)
  3.  Customized gar.conf.mk

Well worth the effort now that it's running.

Good luck.

Regards,
Nick G.