2 users with 1 UID but 2 different home directory

Hi,

to test garnome I created a new user rose2 with the home directory
/home/rose2, while the user rose has the home directory /home/rose. Both
have the same UID. When I log in as user rose2 with gnome2
(garnome-0.19.5 under /opt/garnome and dropline-1.2.4 under /usr) and
open a terminal window the current directory is /home/rose, even if the
variables HOME and USER have the values /home/rose2 and rose2. With the
consequence that I damage the gnome2 configuration (at least for
nautilus) for user rose.
If I perform 'su - rose2', I will be in /home/rose2. I selected the
option to start the shell in the terminal window as login shell. I also
made some output from /etc/X11/xdm/Xsession (I'm using kdm as login
manager) which shows that I am in /home/rose2 until gnome-session is
executed. If I login with kde as user rose2 I will be in /home/rose2,
too.
Any idea, what to do?

	Regards,   Juergen

--