Re: knowledge base/docs site?

<quote who="Gene Heskett">

> I'd have no objection to Docbook, IF I COULD GET IT TO ACTUALLY
> WORK!

It's a text/plain file. If you can't get a text/plain file to "work", you
have no business being on this list.

> And thats my whole point, Pat.  Even with a full install, there is still
> no obvious method to read a docbook file, formatted as the author
> intended.

THE AUTHOR DID NOT INTEND FOR ANY FORMATTING. This has been said before.

You obviously don't grok the entire concept of semantic markup and how it is
used, so I suggest that you leave the conversation and do some research. You
can't sensibly debate something you know practically nothing about.

(The GNOME documentation project uses Docbook XML, which doesn't seem to
adversely affect users reading it in our Help browser. Nor does it adversely
affect users or developers reading it on our website. Sun uses a derivative
of Docbook for its man page source format, which doesn't seem to adversely
affect users typing "man whatever" on their OS.)