Re: [Fwd: Re: User rights]

On 20 Feb 2003, Tiago Cruz wrote:

> Em Qui, 2003-02-20 ās 11:21, Marius Schrecker escreveu:
>
>     What do I have to do to give normal users access to Garnome?
>
> HI!
>
> I haved same problem :-(
>
> Core help-me :-)
>
> # chmod 777 /root
> # chmod -R a+r /root/garnome
> # find /root/garnome | xargs ls -ld \ | grep "^...x" | awk '{print $9}'
> | xargs chmod a+x

I would HIGHLY recommend NOT chmoding /root 777, instead, use
"chmod 755 /root"  777 leaves it open to anyone writing to it, and can
lead to your box being, at the very best, easily hackable.

Matt Rose     mattrose folkwolf net    Visit my blog!  http://folkwolf.net
He's a suicidal Amish boxer moving from town to town, helping folk in
trouble. She's a high-kicking Bolivian Valkyrie from a different time
and place. They fight crime!
Random Crime Fighters by http://www.rain-street.org/fightcrime.htm