Re: Gtk-WARNING **: cannot open display:

--- Daniel Serodio <daniel checkforte com br> wrote:
> You shouldn't call 'garnome-session' directly, as it doesn't start the X
> server. Try running 'startx', or logging in from xdm, gdm, kdm or the
> like.

Allow me to piggyback on this part: when I've logged in as a given user, rico,
and I press Ctrl-Alt-F1 to log in as rico_bro, is there any way that rico_bro
can run garnome and have some GUI going? startx doesn't work, I believe because
X is already running, and @GARNOME/bin/gnome-session gives me Gtk-WARNING.
How can I do it?

Thanks,
Rico.