Re: multiple downloads of fcpackage

Andrew Gaffney wrote:

I was building garnome on my Slackware 8.1 box, and I noticed something off. When you do make install in meta/gnome-desktop, fcpackage gets downloaded and build like 4 separate times. Any reason for this?

It's a known bug, because Xft, Xrender, fontconfig and Xft1 are separate entities. One way around the download is to use the "make garachive" feature to move the sources into a centralized area so you don't have to download it repeatedly.
Ben