Re: elprototypo-0.0.1 gdm Makefile error

<quote who="Bob Kashani">

> > > It seems to fail during install of /etc/pam.d/gdmsetup?
> >
> > > /usr/bin/install: cannot create regular file `/etc/pam.d/gdmsetup'
> >
> > Only root can write there
>
> hehe...The question isn't why it can't write to /etc. I'm not installing
> as root so obviously I don't have write permission to /etc, that was a
> no brainer. :)

(Odd that this doesn't fail for me, I will rebuild and look more closely;
which distro are you building on?)

> The question is why --with-pam-prefix= is messing with $(sysconfdir).

Because that's the only way to make it work, but if it's going to break
things for some people, then I'll figure something else out. Or, perhaps
I'll shift gdm into another set (even though it's in the Desktop release)
because it's not all that useful in GARNOME. ;-)

                 ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI.