Re: Garnome compile error (possibly failing on gnomemeeting)

Don't worry, you've made it to gnome-meeting which is the last thing that compiles under meta/gnome-desktop. I had the exact same problem and I was pointed to

http://www.gnomemeeting.org/index.php?rub=5&pos=0

Devel packages are available here:
http://www.gnomemeeting.org/admin/downloads/latest/redhat/misc

Download and install the updated openh323, openh323-devel, pwlib, and pwlib-devel. In order to install you will have to break a couple dependencies. If you like you can re-install the other packages off of your RH cds once you've compiled. Just:
rpm -Uvh --nodeps pwlib-devel-version.rpm and openh323
You will get a linking error I believe, but gnome-meeting will compile.
I'm running RH8, your mileage may vary.

Chris Hill

Joseph Phillips wrote:

Compilation failed on latest garnome.  Looks like it failed during building
of gnomemeeting.  The text on the screen lists a bunch of parse and syntax
errors in gdkvideoio.h and videograbber.

Does anyone know what the problem is?

I'm kind of getting frustrated, since this is my first time trying garnome.
I was hoping it would just work the first time.  But instead, I've been
running into different compile errors each time I try.

I run Red Hat 9, but I wanted to try "real" gnome, instead of Red Hat's
version of gnome.  Is there a better way that I should go about trying to
install gnome?

Thanks for any help.