Re: Garnome compile error (possibly failing on gnomemeeting)

On Thu, 2003-08-21 at 18:18, Joseph Phillips wrote:
> Compilation failed on latest garnome.  Looks like it failed during building
> of gnomemeeting.  The text on the screen lists a bunch of parse and syntax
> errors in gdkvideoio.h and videograbber.
>
> Does anyone know what the problem is?

Hard to say without the exact error messages. Gnomemeeting has been a
headache for a while because it depends on very new versions of some
libraries (pwlib and openh323, see
http://www.gnomemeeting.org/index.php?rub=5&pos=0).

> I'm kind of getting frustrated, since this is my first time trying garnome.
> I was hoping it would just work the first time.  But instead, I've been
> running into different compile errors each time I try.
>
> I run Red Hat 9, but I wanted to try "real" gnome, instead of Red Hat's
> version of gnome.  Is there a better way that I should go about trying to
> install gnome?

One thing to keep in mind is that Garnome is meant as a tool for
testers. That means that it is mostly development versions of the
software. This is bound to give some problems both when building and
running the software.

One solution is going back to Garnome 0.22.0 which is based on Gnome
2.2.1. This was a stable release and may be easier to build. It's not
the latest and greatest, though.

Cheers,
Jens