Re: Garnome and Solaris 2.6 - X problems

What iconv did you use ? Solaris native one or libiconv. It seems you have got problems for
translating UTF-8.
On Solaris 2.8 both are OK (Solaris iconv and GNU libiconv) but you must be consistent at
build time and at run time.
For Solaris 2.6 I don't know the iconv completion. You should perhaps use libiconv. Also be sure the library is available at runtime (On Solaris8 I personaly use LD_CONFIG env var and the 'crle' command to simulate ldconfig behavior but I don't know is Solaris 2.6
have such a command)

Sunil wrote:

Hi,

I got this far but now gnome-terminal aborts. I think
the error from vte.c has to do with the error from
GLib, but don't know how to fix it. Anyone seen this
error?

Thanks for being so patient with this newbie!
-Sunil

$ gnome-terminal
GLib: Cannot convert message: Conversion from
character set 'UTF-8' to 'ASCII' is not supported

** (gnome-terminal:9035): WARNING **: --- you're entering a whole world of pain ---
** (gnome-terminal:9035): WARNING **: Unable to
convert characters from UTF-8 to ASCII.

** ERROR **: file vte.c: line 10745
(vte_terminal_init): assertion failed:
(terminal->pvt->encoding != NULL)
aborting...
GLib: Cannot convert message: Conversion from
character set 'UTF-8' to 'ASCII' is not supported

** (gnome_segv:9041): WARNING **: --- you're entering a whole world of pain ---
(gnome_segv:9041): Gdk-WARNING **: Error converting
from UTF-8 to STRING: Conversion from character set
'UTF-8' to 'ISO-8859-1' is not supported

(gnome_segv:9041): Gdk-WARNING **: Error converting
from UTF-8 to STRING: Conversion from character set
'UTF-8' to 'ISO-8859-1' is not supported

(gnome_segv:9041): Gdk-WARNING **: Error converting
from UTF-8 to STRING: Conversion from character set
'UTF-8' to 'ISO-8859-1' is not supported

Thanks,
-Sunil

--- sams marketing-designs com wrote:
Sunil (funtoos yahoo com) wrote:
Patrick, Any idea why the glib install didn't
create
glib-config in my install area? gtk didn't create
gtk-config either. So, what's happening now is
that
these(older versions) are getting picked up from
/usr/local/bin instead of my install area
(~/garnome/bin).
This is not a Solaris issue.  Glib/Gtk do not
install these scripts, as
they are deprecated by the use of pkg-config.

This is when I am installing gdk-pixbuf-0.22. Its
using  older gnome-1 and gtk config scripts.
gdk-pixbuf?  This is now part of Gtk.  This isn't a
package distributed
with garnome, is it?

Any idea why these config programs are not getting
created when I install glib/gtk?

-Sunil
--
Samuel Stringham                   /"\    ASCII
Ribbon Campaign

ATTACHMENT part 2 application/pgp-signature