Re: Garnome 0.23.1 experience

<quote who="Jens Bech Madsen">

> I've run into a few problems with Garnome 0.23.1. I'm running Debian
> Woody on a DEC Alpha (ie. gcc 2.95).

As an aside, wouldn't it be better to be using gcc-3.x on that?

> First problem: I had to add --disable-gtk-doc to CONFIGURE_ARGS in
> ../gnome/category.mk to stop errors about missing index.sgml in various
> packages.

This used to be on by default, then gtk-doc was fixed up to depend on what
it needed, but there were some big problems with gtk-doc when it was
enabled. Unfortunately, I never put --disable-gtk-doc back! D'oh! Will be
there for the next release.

> Then I ran into a compile problem with EOG:

> eog-collection-item.c: In function `eog_collection_item_new':
> eog-collection-item.c:406: incompatible type for argument 4 of
> `gnome_canvas_item_construct'

Haven't seen it. Please lodge an eog bug report.

> Trying to compile evolution, it failed in libsoup:

> soup-message.c:894: initializer element is not computable at load time
> soup-message.c:894: (near initialization for
> `global_handlers[0].data.errorcode')

Haven't seen it. Lodge a libsoup bug report.

> I'm currently using 0.22.0 which mostly works as it should.

Worth mentioning the version differences in your bug report (for eog at
least).

   "I came for the quality, but I stayed for the freedom." - Sean Neakums