Re: HP-UX & garnome: FAILED

The Robber of Zork <robber zork net> wrote:
> > Has anybody tried building garnome on hp-ux 11.00 ???
> > I am working on it, but there are plenty of problems...
>
> You have certainly gotten farther down the road than I have with
> NetBSD! (See my plea for help several weeks ago...)
I could not find the mails... nothing appears searching for NetBSD :(

> > 2) ln -s /usr/local/bin/gmake /usr/local/bin/make
>
> Is this necessary? Can't one just start the garnome build with a
> 'gmake...whutever'? (I'm only aware of one hard-coded "make", in one
> of the fc-package thingies - sorry I forget which.)
I started doing that, but some packages start some other "make" process and use the hp-ux one.

> It would be good to chip away at the linux-centric nature of garnome.
> Just my opinion; Lord knows ianal.
 I would be great, too bad hp is leaving gnome for HP-UX not expect too much from ximian :(

One advance... after some pango-wrestling I could make the first garnome aplication run!!!!! bluefish IS THE WINNER!!!!! I will put some screenshots shortly in my webpage.

--
class Nauta:
    def __init__(self):

class Machine:
    def __init__(self):
		self.uname = HP-UX trutien B.11.00 U 9000/785
		self.mem   = 1.5 Gb
		self.hostname = trutien