Re: Building glib 2, Cygwin

Hi James,

I haven't tried building GNOME2 for CygWin, but I do know that there are at least two GNOME ports to CygWin+X out there:

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/steven.obrien2/
http://www.geocities.co.jp/SiliconValley/1596/en/cygwin.html#GnomeHello-0.1

I don't know how far the GNOME2 progress is (or if work is even beyond the planning stage), but it would be great if that work (and the work of the MacOSX fink port of GNOME2) could be folded into GARNOME so that those platform ports would be always up to date and so GARNOME could become even more popular.

You might try and talk to one of the porters and ask for advice or have them post here if they need any input on how the GARNOME port works.

Best of luck,
   Robert