Re: Installing gnome 2 from local bz2 files

<quote who="marcomangiante virgilio it">

> I know this because I try do this and it is very hard. I chenged a line
> in one of the config file (don't remember what file) so it recognize where
> I have the local files. I cancelled all the checksum in all the directory
> and rebuild them with these command:
>
> make fetch
> make makesum
> make checksum

That is the correct way of doing it, but note that you may build a
completely broken GNOME 2 installation, and I will not help you pick up the
pieces. I distribute GARNOME so that you can test a *build/sanity tested and
working* version of GNOME. If you choose to do silly things like this, I'm
not all that interested in helping you out.

> It seems that it works but I have problem because I installed it under the
> Marco user and not under the root, so I'm arrived to a point in which I
> can't continue.

Why is this a problem? It should 100% work no matter which user you build it
as. Indeed, I've said many times NOT to build it as root.

  I wonder how many bugs have gone unfixed due to misspellings of "FIXME".