Re: Installing gnome 2 from local bz2 files

Hi,
I know this because I try do this and it is very hard. I chenged a line
in one of the config file (don't remember what file) so it recognize where
I have the local files. I cancelled all the checksum in all the directory
and rebuild them with these command:

make fetch
make makesum
make checksum

It seems that it works but I have problem because I installed it under the
Marco user and not under the root, so I'm arrived to a point in which I
can't continue.
Is this the method that you say is difficult (mine is difficult and tedious).
Thanks,

Marco Mangiante