GARNOME 0.15.0: "The Little Furnace"

====================================

GARNOME - the bad-ass, bleeding edge GNOME distribution for testers and
tweakers everywhere. If you're dying to test the latest GNOME 2.0 Desktop
releases, but don't want to fall into the depraved addictions and
co-dependencies of testing from anonymous CVS, then GARNOME is for you.

[ In other words, GARNOME is a build tool for GNOME 2.x which includes the
developer platform and desktop releases, as well as a host of other software
ported to the GNOME 2.x platform. Everything is as easy to build as 'make
install'. We call it a 'distribution' because it's sanity-tested and often
patched before release, for your convenience and enjoyment. ;-) ]

Random Stuff
------------

Another belated announcement, if only by a few hours this time. A quick
hint: Sometimes you'll find new tarballs up on the download site that
haven't been announced yet.

That's either due to laziness on my part, giving the regulars on #garnome
time to test it and point out my foibles before the rest of the world can,
or just because I've done anther GNOME release at a very silly hour and have
fallen asleep before getting GARNOME out. That's what happened this time. :)

... it's so hard to resist the mighty power of The Little Furnace!

What's New?
-----------

  * Updated to the GNOME 2.0.2 RC 1.

  * Updated GAR system to latest upstream version. HOORAY! Thanks to Nick
    Moffit and the LNX-BBC crew for such a kickarse reusable project.

  * Moved compiler settings out of category files and into gar.conf.mk.

  * Fixed: memprof should be in gnome-hacker-tools meta garball.

  * Fixed: gimp-print now configures with --without-cups, to avoid
    out-of-GARNOME-prefix installation borkage.

  * Fixed: Remove upstream's glibc workarounds. They just cramp our elite
    cross-platform stylin's. Thanks to ajmitch.

  * Fixed: gst-plugins -Werror removal fixes some issues, thanks again to
    ajmitch.

  * Fixed: gnome-vfs has had a new release, so the menu issues are fixed.
    Some unexpected foo might happen if you have pre-existing vfolders state
    stored in ~/.gnome2/vfolders/ -> be careful out there!

Where Do I Get It?

The tarball and documentation [1] are available on the GARNOME website:

  http://www.gnome.org/~jdub/garnome/

Enjoy G2D and GARNOME. :-)

- Jeff

[1] People who don't read the documentation tend to look pretty silly on
garnome-list and in #garnome.

--
   "Science helps a lot, but people built perfectly good brick walls long
               before they knew why cement works." - Alan Cox