Solaris 8 options

Hello,

I am using GARNOME 0.14.0 with Solaris 8 on an ultrasparc 10. I am using gcc-3.2 with the Solaris linker and assembler (/usr/ccs/bin/ld, /usr/ccs/bin/as).

The --disable-shared option that is enabled by default in the GARNOME build of GNOME 2.0.1 seems to cause some undefined symbols errors at link time, for instance, in the gtk+-2.0.6 package, gtk_minor_version, gtk_major_version, and gtk_micro_version.

Has anyone out there used GARNOME much on Solaris 8 w/gcc-3.x and if so, could you point me towards whatever configuration options I may need to alter or add in order to make my build work?

Thanks in advance for any assistance anyone can render.