0.14.1 vs gcc-3.2

Greeting folks;

I just tried to build kde-3.0.3 with tis version of garnome, as it
worked quite well to go from kde-3.0.0 to 3.0.2.

At the time of the 3.0.0 to 3.0.2 build I was running gcc-2.96-112.
Now I have built and installed gcc-3.2.

Now after several hours of downloads, it tries to get started on
building arts, and bombs out during the configure while looking for
the STL stuff, which is in the install dir I gave gcc-3.2 when I
built it.  Its also a far cry pathwise from being in /usr/include.
More like /usr/local/gcc3.2/i686-linux-pc/include/bits or some
such.

How do I go about training the new gcc-3.2 to go find its own proper
includes?

--
Cheers, Gene
AMD K6-III 500mhz 320M