Re: Solaris 8 options

<quote who="Larry McQueary">

> I am using GARNOME 0.14.0 with Solaris 8 on an ultrasparc 10.  I am
> using gcc-3.2 with the Solaris linker and assembler (/usr/ccs/bin/ld,
> /usr/ccs/bin/as).

Rock! Been looking for more Solaris testers, thanks!

> The --disable-shared option that is enabled by default in the GARNOME
> build of GNOME 2.0.1 seems to cause some undefined symbols errors at
> link time, for instance, in the gtk+-2.0.6 package, gtk_minor_version,
> gtk_major_version, and gtk_micro_version.

--disable-static, rather? :-)

I've just checked with Glynn, and he reckons that Sun are doing their builds
with it on, so that shouldn't be it, but they are building with forte.
Perhaps it's having issues with gcc-3.2 and the Solaris linker/assemblers?

> Has anyone out there used GARNOME much on Solaris 8 w/gcc-3.x and if so,
> could you point me towards whatever configuration options I may need to
> alter or add in order to make my build work?
>
> Thanks in advance for any assistance anyone can render.

Definitely chat to some of the Sun guys, particularly Laszlo
<laca ireland sun com>; I'll try and help as much as I can.

Thanks,

    "I can't imagine anyone telling Emma Bunton to shut up. It would be
                        rather like slapping Bambi."