Suitability of GCC 3.2?

Hey everybody,

I've been working with gcc 2.95.3 since, well, since I compiled my distro.

I'm curious to hear what people have to say about gcc 3.2 and "the switch" -- are there problem compiling different things with gcc 3.2? Any inherent problems with the 3.x series? Bottom line, should I switch?

Apparently gcc 2.95.3 + -mcpu=i686 causes problems (at least, it makes gcc segfault while compiling libvorbis, and apparently isn't a good mix). But my garnome seems to be OK...

Just curious to find out before I garnome again :)

-Idan