Re: undefined reference ;-(

Daniel,

I looked into the ggv configure script and dug out the actual libraries it asks for:

~$ pkg-config --libs "libgnomeui-2.0 >= 1.96.0"

somewhere in the list this produces should be -lpangoft2-1.0. My apologies for the earlier mistake, it isn't "gtk+-2.0" that's checked in ggv's configure.

So, the root of the issue remains -- somewhere in your configure script there should be a "-lpangoft2-1.0 detected.

Try the following:

1) rm -rf your ggv dir
2) unpack a clean tarball
3) cd to it and:

./configure --enable-platform-gnome-2 --with-x --prefix=<whatever>

Look at the scrolling text. At some point (this is usually accompanied by a sudden jump in text, because it is a sudden whole lot of text) there should be a listing of includes and libraries:

Checking GGV_CFLAGS -I ... -I ... -I ... <etc>
Checking GGV_LIBS -l... -l... -l... <etc>

Somewhere in GGV_LIBS there should be a -lpangoft2-1.0, if there isn't, then something is screwed up with your pkg-config after all. If there is, go on to compile it, and I don't think you should have the same problem you had before.

-Idan