Re: package dependencies

Hi Sean,

On Sun, 2002-09-01 at 11:43, Sean Proctor wrote:
> is anyone keeping track of package dependencies outside of gnome-desktop
> yet?  I know Jeff asked if someone would before.  If no one is yet, I'd be
> willing to compile a simple list if people want to send me what
> dependencies they know.

I thought about compiling a list with dependencies, but wasn't sure what
would be the best way to make it. Ideally, you'd like to have a list of
packages needed for the individual components in gnome-fifth-toe.

However, I couldn't think of a way to do so, except for the brain-dead
"delete all -dev packages, try to compile, successively add the required
-dev packages". Doing that for each component of fifth-toe would take
ages ... (and isn't particularly interesting).

The dependencies I found for all of gnome-fifth-toe together, just by
using GARNOME over time, are these:
  libogg-dev
  libvorbis-dev
  libpspell-dev
  libltdl3-devel
  libxine-dev
Package names are Debian sid's names.

> Also totem needs xine more recent than installed in woody.  Anyone know
> where I can find debs for xine?

Just use the sid packages?

Martijn