Re: More on fontconfig and pango

<quote who="Steve Smith">

> I'm not sure as it is fontconfig is ready for garnome.

Then pango 1.1.x isn't ready for GARNOME... But how do we test GNOME 2.1.x
without pango 1.1.x? We don't.

> You can force the libraries into ~/garnome, but it still installs stuff
> outside of the garnome tree, in particular it seems to put config files in
> /etc/fonts.

You're building/installing as root?

> This (to me anyway) breaks the garnome contract of not messing with the
> existing setup.  Maybe for now you should remove fontconfig as part of
> garnome and make it a pre-requirement as with docbook-xml?  Just 2 cents
> AU.

Would do, but who is shipping it? Not really feasible.

   I used the word 'infrastructure' when describing her cooking style...
                   and she didn't speak to me for a week.