Re: More on fontconfig and pango

On Mon, 2002-10-07 at 18:21, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> <quote who="Steve Smith">
>
> > > Run fc-cache. That's just fontconfig itself though... :-)
> >
> > Presumably if I download some random font off the web and drop it into
> > ~/.fonts it should pop up in the options for desktop font?
>
> Yeah, hopefully.

I'll see how it goes.

I'm not sure as it is fontconfig is ready for garnome.  You can force
the libraries into ~/garnome, but it still installs stuff outside of the
garnome tree, in particular it seems to put config files in /etc/fonts.
This (to me anyway) breaks the garnome contract of not messing with the
existing setup.  Maybe for now you should remove fontconfig as part of
garnome and make it a pre-requirement as with docbook-xml?  Just 2 cents
AU.

Cheers,
Steve