Re: 0.18 build problem

<quote who="Sean Proctor">

> Okay, what I said before didn't really work.  If I don't build Xft, I can
> get through building garnome, but then xchat won't build and I'm assuming
> other things.

Right... Plus you won't be able to use Xft2 support in Pango.

> The problem seems to be that fontconfig ships newer versions of Xft and
> Xrender that are already current enough in your build, but not mine and
> others.

You might want to repeat that. :-)

> I tried install Xrender, but that doesn't really work.  and fudging Xft
> just made things break later on (on building pango).
>
> I'm running woody.  Xft seems like it wants me to install Xrender, but I'm
> not sure how to have it use the garnome headers instead of the X11
> headers.

Hmm. I don't have a woody machine to hand, except for a 486DX with 16MB RAM,
which won't really hack it for testing. We have to work out exactly what
woody wants -> could you do some manual builds with fontconfig to see what
works and what doesn't?

If it's just a matter of installing fontconfig's Xrender, I can get that
going for testing and then put it in the next GARNOME.

  "To do: Start up a a magazine dedicated to picky grammar. Call it 'Whom
                              Weekly'." - WzDD