solaris 2.6 configure issue

hi all,

After having ignored gnome 2 for a while after having tons of trouble
getting it to compile cleanly on my solaris 2.6 machine, i decided to
get back to it.  I had used garnome before, and had worked fine.
However, the first 2 (only 2 i've tried) packages garnome tries to
configure seem to have the same problem.

When building them w/ garnome, i get errors from configure saying i'm
crosscompiling, but i'm actually not.  After looking at it more closely,
it looks like configure can't run the test program it compiles.

However, if i cd to .../gnome/pkgconfig/work/pkgconfig and use the same
configure command garnome is (from config.status or config.log) it works
fine.

Anyone seen this before or have an idea of what to try?

Thanks!
Ken