Re: Testing and Bugzilla: Kicking Arse with GARNOME

On Sat, Nov 16, 2002 at 05:07:46PM +1100, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> >> Hopefully, this will help turn garnome-list into a mini GNOME testing
> >> powerhouse! ROCK!
> >
> > Oh oh, I think all this success is going to his head ;-)
>
> Heh. Well, I consider GNOME 2.x to be a massive success, and we're only
> getting better. Helping new contributors or even actively interested users
> get involved with testing, reporting, bug-hunting, etc., is only going to
> lead to a better desktop for everyone.
>
> ... and I think GARNOME provides a pretty unique base for that.
>
> - Jeff

I've noticed a couple of my bugs get fixed, it was quite nice.  And yes, GNOME 2 is awesome.  It's painful for me to use GNOME 1.4 now (really, I have this awful touchpad and the configuration for GNOME 1.4 is awful and I think I hurt my finger).  Way to go!

Maybe this exists, a way to reuse the old downloaded bz2's from the last garnome (overly specific wants to follow).  from what I understand right now you can create a dir and put them in there and they'll be copied over?  I'm really pressed for space on this computer as it is, so I don't know if I could handle that.  if there were a utility to move the files to this directory then they were hard linked rather than copied when installing the next version, that would be most excellent.

Sean