Re: Re: bind_textdomain_codeset error while building gnomevfs

On Sat, 2002-05-25 at 12:24, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> <quote who="Graham Ashton">
>
> > The bind_textdomain_codeset function is defined in glibc, but only if
> > you get version 2.2 or later.
>
> Thanks dude, it was a good find. I'll be putting this in the FAQ. :-)

That makes me wonder why it works for me with glibc 2.1.3
So I searched around a little and found that
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gtk-devel-list/2002-March/msg00144.html
Then I set LDFLAGS=/opt/gnome2/lib/libintl.so (instead of
libgettextlib.so) and compiling works too (still debian potato).
So maybe there's hope for more glibc < 2.2 users?

> - Jeff
>
> --
>     "GNOME, launched specifically to counter a threat to our freedom, is
>        the free software project par excellence." - Richard Stallman

before or after ximian started mono? ;-)