Re: font installation

On Sun, 26 May 2002 10:35:12 -0400
cit013 netscape net wrote:

> Hi!
> My first try was 0.9.7 and it worked (after som help here) but not very good. 0.9.8 and 0.10.0 I never succed to compile. 0.10.1 just worked :-) aa fonts and much more stable than 0.9.7. But I still have some minor problems.
> Running RH7.2 and ximian gnome 1.4 normally and have made a special user to test garnome to avoid destroing for my other users (me, me and myself). Now to my problem:
>
> I do not understand how to install truetype fonts e.g. verdana form MS. I did that on gnome 1.4 without problem. There was a command described somewhere install-gnome-font -t=  ...... but I never got it to work probably becayse I do not understand the parameters correct. Some examples might be enough.
>
> Cheers

Well...as you said, you had it working properly, so you still have the fonts installed.
Did you try reinstalling, something like:

cd /where/your/fonts/
ttmkfdir -o fonts.scale
mkfontdir

Configure your XF86config-4 to listen your font path

/etc/init.d/xfs restart

And check if it working...

Cheers,
Keyman