Re: gdm and garnome?

> > I got gdm installed with garnome but it ain't working exactly right. It
> > start and so on, I get the greeter on the screen. But authentication is
> > not working. gdm.conf doesn't get me any wiser besides the fact all the
> > paths point to my garnome installation (/opt/garnome). This seems to be
> > correct in general.
>
> You need to add --with-pam-prefix=/etc to the configure line.

Actually this didn't fix it. It was late yesterday so I didn't think so
clearly anymore. The pam-prefix is only for the pam-config file in pam.d
The actual problem was I didn't have pam-devel installed. :o/
I now used the configure option --enable-authentication-scheme=pam. The
default value is 'auto', so it probably will compile fine when the
pam-headers are present.

> That will be
> in the next version, but I still don't support GDM. :-)

No problemo! :-)

> > Besides this problem I don't get anti-aliasing to work in the greeter
> > either.
>
> More env variable foo.

What is needed is a wrapper script for gdmlogin. gdm itself removes most
of the environment variables.
And it now works beautifully! I can now login into gnome2 in 10 seconds
after a fresh reboot. And that is just on my laptop. :-)

Thanks,

-A.