Re: Gnome 2.0?

On Tue, 2002-06-25 at 17:59, Devin Atencio wrote:

> I followed the directions to download garnome, and ran the command
> 'make install' in the meta/gnome-desktop. Everything seems to have
> completed correctly but I am unable to start gnome 2.0. I am running
> SuSE 8.0 Linux.

This happened to me today, on a brand new Slackware 8.1 installation. I
fixed this correcting the /opt/gnome2/etc/gconf/2/path. The first thing
was fixing the paths (they where pointing to /etc instaled of
$(PREFIX)/etc - in my case /opt/gnome2/etc). Second, I added the
following line:

xml:readwrite:$(HOME)/.gconf

If you have GNOME 1.4 installed, you can just copy the 'path' file from
GConf 1 (search for something like etc/gconf/1/path) and fix the first
two lines (same thing as the first step above).